Nigerian Nurse Earns BSN Powered by <em>SIM</em>Path®

Nigerian Nurse Earns BSN Powered by SIMPath®

From her days as an elementary school student, Bose Ekundina knew she wanted to become a nurse one day. “I am kind and gentle and someone who was inspired by the great influence that nurses have,” says Bose, who is a native of Nigeria, Africa. After graduating high school in 1992, Bose worked for three years at a private hospital as assistant personnel before proceeding to nursing school to study general nursing. She graduated in 1999 and immediately started a midwifery program, graduating in 2001. 

Lagos State Health Service Commission

Since 2004, Bose has worked with the Lagos State Health Service Commission. She has gained many different clinical experiences, including medical-surgical, emergency, pre- and post-operative nursing care, and other areas. In 2006 and 2008, she won an award from her hospital, Isolo General, for her work in bedside care. 

“I love caring for the sick,” she says. “I love to alleviate their suffering and be there for them when it matters most.” Since 2019, Bose has worked as a medical-surgical nurse manager. She was awarded overall best staff at Harvey Road Health Centre and Maternity in 2017. 

Earning a BSN

Although Bose loved her position, she decided in 2020 to better herself with further education. An internet search led her to American Sentinel College of Nursing and Health Sciences and its BSN Powered by SIMPath® program. “I was impressed by American Sentinel’s accreditations and the SIMPath program really worked well with my plans,” she says. 

Bose started the BSN in 2020 and has enjoyed the experience. “American Sentinel is a great institution,” she says. “The lecturers are wonderful and they take their time to invest in me. I’m eternally grateful for that. The virtual simulations like Sentinel City, Sentinel Town and Sentinel Hospital have really helped me improve my nursing skills, critical thinking and nursing practice.” Bose completed the BSN in 2021.

Setting big goals

Bose is now working toward several big goals. First, she is working through the immigration process to move to the United States—and hopes to be in the country in early 2022. She wants to become a Clinical Nurse Specialist one day. And she would also consider pursuing further education. 

“My educational goal is to get the highest level of nursing education possible,” Bose says. “And I would gladly do so at American Sentinel. The school has seasoned lecturers and perfect teaching aids and virtual learning opportunities that are very realistic. And the staff has been nothing but helpful and supportive.” 

Fueling her passion

Being a student again has helped reaffirm Bose’s love of her career. “I love everything about nursing,” she says. “From applying critical thinking to prioritizing clients’ care, from utilizing the nursing process to caring holistically for patients and restoring them back to health—I love it. Nursing is a noble and trusted profession. I enjoy every bit of my professional life.” 

Inspired by Bose’s story? A BSN is ideal for nurses who want to expand their knowledge base, become more marketable and enjoy greater career stability and mobility. Specialized knowledge forms the foundation of nursing and when you acquire new knowledge, you can apply it to nursing practice in ways that enhance patient care and improve outcomes.

Flexible. Affordable. Evidence-based. Accelerated RN to BSN.

When you compare our CCNE-accredited online BSN program to others, you’ll find that ours offers one of the lowest tuition rates paired with one of the highest graduation rates in the industry. You want to bolster your nursing career during a time when excellent nurses are needed. We’ll help you do so.

Two BSN Learning Path Options:

By clicking the button above, Post University has your consent to use automated technology to call, text and email you regarding its educational services at the contact information provided above. It is not a requirement to provide this consent to attend Post University. Post University’s Terms and Privacy Policy apply.

BSN Powered by SIMPath® Student Fulfills Her Destiny
Virginia Veteran Administration Nurse Pursues MSN Case Management