BSN Powered by <em>SIM</em>Path® Student Fulfills Her Destiny

BSN Powered by SIMPath® Student Fulfills Her Destiny

Ralaina Robinson didn’t start out as a nurse. The California native earned a Bachelor of Arts in Business (Communications) in 2010 from Arizona State University and started her career as a senior billing specialist.

“I had an interest in business and entrepreneurship which is what led me down that path,” says Ralaina, who also earned a Master of Science in Medical Sciences from Western University of Health Sciences in 2017. But after several years in her position, Ralaina felt the pull to do something “multidimensional.” “I knew healthcare would allow me to further my potential and positively impact the community by paralleling my passion for both medicine and business.” Ralaina started an Associate of Science in Nursing at CNI College in Santa Ana, California, which she completed in 20 months.

A BSN in record time

While in school, Ralaina used her background to land a position with the Hilton in Anaheim as a communications specialist. After graduating from nursing school during the pandemic, she continued her education in nursing earning a BSN from American Sentinel College of Nursing and Health Sciences in just one semester.

As a 2021 graduate of the BSN Powered by SIMPath® at American Sentinel College of Nursing and Health Sciences, she is grateful to the program, faculty and staff for providing opportunities that served her best. “I liked the ability to work at my own pace,” she says. “The experience was great. The instructors were helpful, available, and gave constructive feedback on assignments in a timely manner. My student success advisor helped guide and motivate me every step of the way by encouraging me to keep working toward my future goals as a future leader of healthcare.” 

Big goals for her nursing career

Ralaina will be applying to nurse resident programs to give herself the proper training and skills to effectively transition her from student to professional. “A program like this will help me become well rounded as a nurse and gain experience that will allow me to continue climbing the ladder,” she says. She credits her passion, focus, and big dreams to her family, who have been her strongest support system throughout her entire journey.

In the meantime, she continues to partner with various programs to help the homeless population in Southern California by offering physical exams, food immunizations, education and resources to those without health insurance. “I am a first-generation college student who always believed in education and giving back as the foundation for change,” she says. “My move from business to healthcare was partly because I want to use my leadership, voice and influence to take on these kinds of responsibilities in my community.” 

Ralaina says that American Sentinel has reaffirmed her purpose in life. “I can’t speak enough about how great the people there are,” she says. “American Sentinel’s SIMPath program is designed for students from all walks of life, with all kinds of career goals. They provide you the resources to live out your dreams.” 

After gaining some nursing experience, Ralaina intends to start working toward the Doctor of Nursing Practice program. My goal is to start my own practice and provide high-quality care to a diverse group of people,” she says. “I want to be able to diagnose and treat patients through a holistic approach and evidence-based practice. To me, it’s the ultimate goal to earn the highest education possible. I want to put myself in a position where my potential is never limited and I leave a mark on the world that honors my commitment and dedication to saving lives.” 

Inspired by Ralaina’s story? A BSN is ideal for nurses who want to expand their knowledge base, become more marketable and enjoy greater career stability and mobility. Specialized knowledge forms the foundation of nursing and when you acquire new knowledge, you can apply it to nursing practice in ways that enhance patient care and improve outcomes. Have you dreamed of earning your BSNMSN or DNP? With American Sentinel, you can make that dream a reality.  

Flexible. Affordable. Evidence-based. Accelerated RN to BSN.

When you compare our CCNE-accredited online BSN program to others, you’ll find that ours offers one of the lowest tuition rates paired with one of the highest graduation rates in the industry. You want to bolster your nursing career during a time when excellent nurses are needed. We’ll help you do so.

Two BSN Learning Path Options:

By clicking the button above, Post University has your consent to use automated technology to call, text and email you regarding its educational services at the contact information provided above. It is not a requirement to provide this consent to attend Post University. Post University’s Terms and Privacy Policy apply.

Michigan Nurse Earns BSN, MSN, and Moves into Nursing Education
Nigerian Nurse Earns BSN Powered by SIMPath®