Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard and USPHS Commissioned Corps
American Sentinel College is a proud supporter of the military, offering distance learning degrees and certificate programs that are relevant to students’ military and post-military careers. Military students comprise more than ten percent of American Sentinel’s enrollment. American Sentinel College is military-friendly in several important ways including supporting the Military Student Bill of Rights.
We understand the challenges you face—frequent relocations, a changing work schedule and a demanding and stressful job. Our military education programs’ online course format is ideal for the busy military student, whether an Army distance learning student or Navy, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard or US Public Health Service Commissioned Corps. With flexible weekly logins and asynchronous assignment completion (which means you don’t have to be online on specific days of the week or times of the day), you do your work on your schedule, whenever and wherever you can.
TA and VA benefits, military scholarships, federal student aid and other tuition reimbursement programs are available for active-duty and non-active-duty military students, their spouses and dependents as well as veterans. Talk to an Admissions Advisor about these programs and benefits.
At American Sentinel College, we give you a head start. A no-cost evaluation of prior college, military training, work experience, and DSST, CLEP and ACE credits can help you earn your degree faster. American Sentinel College strives to help military students complete their degrees as quickly as possible.
American Sentinel College offers a variety of support services and other resources that help students navigate our military degree programs and make the most of their student experience. From MyAmericanSentinel®, your personal portal, to the New Student Resource Center to MyCampus, the American Sentinel student site, we are here to support your journey every step of the way.
American Sentinel College offers military degree programs in the fastest-growing industries. Our faculty has real-world experience in many different industries, which means what you learn in the classroom is immediately applicable to your job, but also positions you to advance your career.
Military Student Bill of Rights
American Sentinel College abides by the Military Student Bill of Rights. All military student populations have basic rights to satisfactory college marketing, admissions and student services practices, including the right to receive:
- Accurate information about a school’s programs, requirements, accreditation, and its potential impact on course transferability.
- Basic college/university information and fees without disclosure of student personal information.
- Educational planning and career guidance without high-pressure registration and enrollment efforts from institutions.
- A clear and complete explanation of course/program enrollment procedures and all resulting financial obligations.
- Explore, without coercion, all financial aid options before signing up for student loans or other financial assistance.
- Accurate scholarship information, free of misleading scholarship offers based on military tuition assistance.
- Appropriate academic screening and course placement based on student readiness.
- Appropriate, accessible academic and student support services.
- Clearly defined institutional drop ⁄ add and withdrawal policies and procedures including information about the impact of military duties (i.e. mobilization, activation, temporary duty assignments) on their academic standing and financial responsibilities.
- Clearly defined grievance ⁄ appeals processes.